Linux(Import Guide)

Admin

Linux(Import Guide)

Post by Admin » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:24 pm

A player has passed this guide that he found in google, the Uo Lands server has not created this magnificent guide, this magnificent guide is totally external to the Uo Lands server and we have only published the information that another person posted on the internet, please all merits are for this person who calls himself MercFredis

Playing UO Lands in Linux using WINE

This guide will help you install and play UO Lands if you run the Linux operating system. It may or may
not work with other platforms that can use WINE (MacOS, FreeBSD, etc.) but I have no way of testing
these platforms.

NOTE REGARDING GRAPHICS DRIVERS: UO Lands client should not need special graphics drivers.
If you have trouble, let me know.

NOTE REGARDING UO RAZOR: It appears that UO Razor, one of the two "helper" applications available
in UO Lands, will not work in a 64-bit WINE environment. UO Steam works fine. If you need to
use UO Razor, you should use a 32-bit environment for WINE and UO Lands. This guide may be
updated in the future regarding how to accomplish this.

NOTE REGARDING SOUND: If you hear no sound when UO Lands starts, it may be having a hard
time interacting with the PulseAudio sound system. You can place 'pasuspender' before the WINE command
line (`$ pasuspender wine ./client.exe`) to bypass this problem, but no other programs will be able
to play sounds while UO Lands is running. I am still searching for a better solution.

Installing WINE

Use your operating system's package manager to install wine and the winetricks program. The winbind
package is also required. This will be different for some Linux distributions. For instance, on a Ubuntu
system, one would issue the command:

$ sudo apt install wine winetricks winbind

On a Fedora system, the command would be:

$ sudo dnf install wine winetricks samba-winbind-clients

As for the version of WINE to install, I am using wine-3.17-staging directly from the winehq.org website.
This is a very bleeding-edge version of wine that I need for other, more graphically intensive games. I
am guessing that any moderately-recent version of WINE that comes with your distribution will work, but
I have not tested any other versions. Ultima Online is an old game that should give you no problems
under a recent WINE version.

Installing .NET 4.0

The UO Lands installer/patcher requires .NET 4.0 from Microsoft. The easiest way to install these
support libraries is to use the winetricks command that you installed in the previous step. To use
winetricks, just call it from the command line (do NOT use sudo):

$ winetricks

A window will pop up in your graphical user interface. If you want to set up a separate $WINEPREFIX for
UO Lands, you may do so here, but it is optional and not in the scope of this guide.

Choose "Select the default wineprefix" and click OK.
Select "Install a Windows DLL or component" and click OK.
Scroll down the list of available components and select "dotnet40" and click OK.
At this point, winetricks will "do it's thing" and install .NET 4.0 for you. You are now ready to install
UO Lands!

Installing UO Lands

At this point, it's as easy as running the UO Lands installer using WINE:

$ wine ./client.exe

The UO Lands client should download all of the client files for you, and you're ready to go! Use
your desktop environment to run UO Lands in the future!